Legally credible and culturally-sensitive relationships are essential to your success. Renaissance’s Legal Advisory branch advises, facilitates, and mediates. We have networks and connections throughout Africa and the United States. In this way, we enable companies, organisations, and law firms to identify appropriate partners. We act as a bridge and a broker between the two continents – conducting due diligence, explaining cultural nuances, and building relationships to facilitate business.
If you’re based in the US and want to do business in Africa, you need someone who is on the ground, who understands the context, and is operating in that time zone. Renaissance can assist.
However, if you’re based in Africa and want to do business in the US, you need someone who can make introductions and is credible. Renaissance can assist.
Investors in Africa who have significant exposure to US equity and bond markets are vulnerable to, and victims of, substantial non-market related losses due to corporate fraud and misconduct. These losses total in the millions in US dollar terms. Renaissance, through its relationship with Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein, can assist investors to recover these losses.
Our Legal Advisory Services
Renaissance’s Legal Advisory branch offers the following services to businesses and law firms:
- Assist investors in Africa in securities fraud matters in the US
- Relationship building
- Commercial mediation
- Dispute resolution
- Linking US businesses and law firms with Africa
- Linking African businesses and law firms with the US
- Us law firm seeks to represent investors in Africa to recover non-market related losses in their US portfolios due to corporate fraud and misconduct
- US legal organisation seeks to collaborate with the South African Department of Justice and Constitutional Development
- US based law firm seeks to do business in South Africa
- Engage major investment companies in Africa with exposure to Us equity and bond markets
- Facilitate the signing of a Memo of Understanding between the South African Department of Justice and Constitutional Development and the Conference of Western Attorneys General http://www.justice.gov.za/juscol/docs/article-20161205-USpartnership.html
- Organise Oral Advocacy Training Program in Pretoria http://www.justice.gov.za/juscol/docs/article-20161205-USpartnership2.html
- Ensure delivery of Advanced Oral Advocacy Training Course
- Do required vetting and make introductions
Current & Potential Clients
- Funds (union, retirement, pension)
- Law Firms